Analyzing
Learners
Last week’s
journal entry focused on analyzing context and this week’s reading discussion
probably gave you additional insights about the broader context than the system
or organization that you are designing for. This week, focus more specifically
on analyzing the learner population that you will target with your
instructional design. You’ll find more specific information on the key
considerations in analyzing learner characteristics on page 25 in The
Instructional Design Knowledge Base. Feel free to find additional sources
that describe the learner characteristics you need to analyze.
Special
note: You should do
some research to gather information for this analysis and include links or
attachments of the sources that inform your analysis in your journal entry.
My situation
feels different than most others in our class. Because I am going to teach
music I don’t feel that most of the models work as well for me. I think the
best one I came across was the Fleming’s Vark Model. This model seems to work
because it works on all levels of the rhythm exercises that will take place in
the lessons. Students learn best buy:
Visualize – they
can see it and understand it
Aurual – they need to hear it to understand it
Read/Write – they need to write or read it to understand
it
Kinesthitic – they need to feel it to understand it
Some of
these will definitely overlap, and hopefully by the end of the course all of
them will be used to understand rhythm.
No comments:
Post a Comment